May 15, 2008

more hours in my week

Can you believe it? I've actually found a way to add more hours to my week! Well, at least it feels that way......

I am lucky enough to have had a job for 25 years that allows me a LOT of freedom and flexibility. When my kids were small, I was always able to stay home with them when they were sick and attend all school functions no matter what time of day. Now that my kids are grown, I can still use that flexibility for the grandkids and their needs.

My usual work day ends at 3:00 p.m., but it occured to me that I was actually wasting my afternoons, spending too much money shopping, or just wasting away the hours doing nothing much of any consequence because "I didn't have enough hours to really do something productive". SOOOOO............with the blessings of my Boss, 2 weeks ago I changed my schedule to four,10 hour days with Wednesdays off:

Work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday, off the weekend. Working 2 days and then 2 more days is a piece of cake!

I LOVE IT!!! It honestly feels like I have a whole extra day in my week!

So, what am I doing with all this extra time? Why, making APRONS and sewing of course! and catching up on my reading and finally getting through all the magazines that have been piling up and trying some new recipes and playing with the grandkids....in other words, just the usual day-off-kind-of-stuff.... BUT A WHOLE EXTRA DAY OF IT!

WHO KNEW IT WAS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO ADD MORE HOURS TO YOUR WEEK?!!

No comments: